On January 25th, 2021 we deployed a beta feature on the Europe-West-1 Satellite. This feature is called Gateway MT; it's a Tardigrade hosted S3 gateway. The biggest difference between this new gateway and our existing gateway is that the new gateway is multi-tenant, and Storj Labs will be hosting a few of them. This means you’ll be able to integrate with the Storj network via HTTP, and you won’t have to run anything extra on your end.
Get started using the Gateway MT on Europe West 1:
Navigate to the Access Grants page and then click on 'Create Access Grant'. A modal window will pop up and you can enter a name for this access grant.
2. Assign the permissions you want this access grant to have
3. Enter the Encryption Passphrase you used for your other access grants or if this is the first access grant you create we strongly encourage you to use a mnemonic phase as your encryption passphase. (The GUI can generate one on the client-side for you)
4. Click on the gateway Credentials (beta) drop-down menu and then click on the 'Generate Gateway Credentials' button.
5. Copy your Access Key, Secret Key, and Endpoint to a safe location.
6. Configure your AWS CLI with the gateway MT credentials from the previous step by running the AWS configure command in your terminal
~ % aws configureAWS Access Key ID [****************e53q]: <<yourAccessKey>>AWS Secret Access Key [****************bbxq]: <<yourSecretKey>>Default region name [us-east-1]:Default output format [None]:~ %
7. Set the multipart threshold to 1 TB. This step is nessessary because the Gateway MT does not currently support multipart upload. The AWS default is 5 MB so to avoid errors you need to set the threshold to an arbitrarily high value.
~ % aws configure set default.s3.multipart_threshold 1TB
8. Run an AWS command such as create bucket! When running commands using the gateway and AWS comobination you must specify the endpoint you are hitting with the '--endpoint-url flag'. The AWS CLI doesn't support setting the endpoint in the config and it needs to be specified via a flag.
~ % aws --endpoint-url "https://gateway.tardigradeshare.io" s3 mb s3://demo